Saint Joseph Catholic School | Education
The development of the whole person: spiritually, intellectually, personally, socially, and physically, is the focus of Catholic education. Within this framework, St. Joseph School seeks to offer a high quality academic program to instill Christian values, to encourage each student to become a lifelong learner, and to equip each student to be a responsible citizen of today’s world.
This will be accomplished through a strong basic curriculum, with the beliefs and traditions of the Catholic Church integrated throughout the days learning.
The faculty and staff of St. Joseph School are committed to foster the development of each student in a Christ-centered environment through the following means:
- To specifically teach Catholic principles and Christian values.
- To offer personal experiences in Christian living through liturgy, sacramental life, prayer, guidance and example.
- To encourage each student to develop a sense of worth, helping him or her to identify, develop and successfully use his or her unique gifts and capabilities.
- To promote academic skills and concepts, which broaden and enrich the student’s experience in today’s and tomorrow’s world.
- To develop students academically in an environment of educational excellence.
- To form citizens who contribute positively and responsibly now and in the future.
- To collaborate with parents who are the primary educators of their children.
St. Joseph Catholic School, as part of the Catholic Schools of the Diocese of Little Rock, offers high quality academic programs. The curriculum of the PreK to Middle School programs meets, and in most cases exceeds, the guidelines set forth by the Diocese of Little Rock and the State of Arkansas. The school administrators and teachers assess the effectiveness of the curriculum and update it as needed. As a result, a large percentage of St. Joseph graduates appear on honor rolls and emerge as class leaders as they continue their academic pursuits in Junior High and High School.
The Diocesan Curriculum, Spirit and Truth, outlines the primary skills taught at St. Joseph Catholic School. View more specific information on each grade level or specials link.