Four state agencies join AARP for May 10 consumer forum in Fayetteville | Events
Four state agencies are partnering with AARP Arkansas to host a consumer protection forum in Fayetteville on Thursday, May 10, 2012.
The forum, which is free of charge, will be held at Central United Methodist Church, 6 W. Dickson St in Fayetteville. The program is from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Coffee and dinner will be served.
The Office of the Arkansas Attorney General; the Arkansas Securities Department; the Arkansas Insurance Department—Senior Health Insurance Information Program; and the Department of Human Services—Division of Aging and Adult Services join AARP Arkansas to present the consumer protection forum.
Attendance is limited and advanced registration is required, by calling 1-877-926-8300 (toll-free). Deadline to register is noon Wednesday, May 9, 2012.
The forum will feature presentations on:
• Preparing for Retirement: AARP Arkansas
• Most Popular Frauds: Office of the Attorney General
• Legal Planning: Office of the Attorney General
• Securities Fraud: Arkansas Securities Department
• Health Insurance Changes: Arkansas Insurance Department, Consumer Assistance Program
Questions will be taken from the audience and representatives will be available to provide information and assistance.